#SGWomen Leaders Month 2019
- May 25, 2019 @15:00 - 20:00
For the very first time in StartupGrind Mumbai’s history, we have curated an entire afternoon and evening moderated by women entrepreneurs with an all women superstar line up.
This event would not have been possible without the support from our partners Helm of Eight, Zone Startups, 91springboard, Shortlist and Done & Done Consulting.
Featuring founders and leaders from Health, Marketing, Technology, Media, Social Entrepreneurship, Angel Investing, Philanthropy, Education, Sustainable Fashion, Plant based nutrition Superfoods, etc.
We are celebrating this day dedicated to an all women line up open to inspire all individuals. The day will see us hosting a couple of Fireside chats, 2 panels and a conversation between the author Dr. Swati Lodha with the subject of her recent book “Who is Revathi Roy?”
About #SGWomen Leaders Month
To kick-start this season we at Startup Grind dedicate a Women Leadership Month every year in the month of May. #SGWomen Leaders Month - proudly recognising the accomplishments of successful women leaders all over the world. These women are founders, venture capitalists, engineers, executives and more, who represent our community. They are the women who exemplify profound leadership skills, hard-work, humility, and success and demonstrate their strength with devotion to the work they do everyday. They encourage and inspire us all!
Startup Grind’s #SGWomen launched five years ago and is about putting a heightened focus and an awareness on our everyday mission to create more inclusive communities. Never has Startup Grind’s mission been more potent than in the realm of entrepreneurship, startups, business, and representing women everywhere in the startup ecosystem.
We along with many other organizations and individuals are working to help reshape what the startup ecosystem looks like. We have the power to encourage inclusive thinking within our organization - which spans 500 cities and 125 countries globally. We’re doing what we can to spread that message by modelling it.
Purpose of the event.
One purpose of our May events is to tell the stories of the journey, the grind, and the setbacks of great female leaders. It is important that we recognise, listen to and encourage these women as we work toward building a more inclusive ecosystem. Anyone and everyone who believes in our mission to work toward change – men and women alike – should come out to our event in May!!!
We wish to draw in a wide participation from the entrepreneur and startup ecosystem, discussing themes related gender, identity, patriarchy, team building, inclusivity, leadership and organisational challenges, support availability, mentoring, fund raising, etc.
The 3 Women moderators for the evening:
A) Rachita Vora, co-founder, India Development Review, the country’s largest nonprofit media platform for the social sector. Rachita oversees content strategy, audience growth, institutional partnerships and brand at IDR.
B) Sneha brings in diverse experience across various functions in the Startup Ecosystem and Investment Banking industry (Business Development, Investments and Financial Analysis). Prior joining Zone Startups India, Sneha managed the Global Entrepreneur Dealflow at Cross Border Angels & Experts (part of Scaale Group). Sneha played a key role in partnering with ecosystem partners such as Trade Commission offices, Accelerators, Incubators, Corporates & Innovators globally.
C) Rakhee Chhabria, Founder - TeachersHelpTeachers, started her journey as a creative and enthusiastic Educational Professional having over 18 years of experience for Pre- primary and Special Education. Being an Educator Mother, and knowing the problems faced by teaching professionals, she began pursuing her passion of getting all educators together on one common platform called TeachersHelpTeachers (THT) to evolve Education and help Educators derive support from one another. Today TeachersHelpTeachers has close to 8000 members across India and has been recognised by the C.O.O of facebook Sheryl Sandberg for its effective community work in Education.
- Sweta Mangal, co-founder MUrgency (Winner of 2016 Startup of the year at Startup Grind Global Conference, her startup later on went on to get investment from Ratan Tata himself) Business, Healthcare and Philanthropy run parallel with the concept of entrepreneurship in Sweta Mangal’s purview. The idea is to be assure collateral ventures that benefit the society as well as create a traction for successful business models. With that in context, Sweta Mangal’s work has set an example in the industry for future pioneers looking to excel as entrepreneurs and business leaders.
- Chandni Jafri is a triple bottomline advocate, angel investor, startup evangelist, advisor, mentor, Business Head and theatre producer and actor. She is the former Chief Executive Officer of Mumbai Angels Network, India’s leading angel investing & mentoring platform, and the founder of SLSV (www.soundnlight.in), which is a Sustainability Investment, Media and Ecommerce platform.
- Mridvika Raisinghani is Managing Director for India at Shortlist, a recruiting technology platform matches growing companies in India and East Africa to the top skilled talent that they need to grow. She has 13 years of professional experience across technology services, consulting, non-profit, and ed-tech companies.
- Dr. Swati Lodha - CEO and Co-Founder, Publishing Infinity, a boutique non-fiction publishing house launched in Mumbai. Her venture “LIFE LEMONADE” offers Corporate Training Workshops across India
- Revathi Roy, CEO and founder of an all women logistics company HEY DEEDEE, where the riders and drivers are all women. Revathi is a celebrated social Entrepreneur having worked in the field of Women’s Empowerment and Workforce Participation, since 2007. Her aim and mission is to transform the lives of women across social strata.
- Khrisha Shah, CEO & Co-Founder at Dysco, she oversees all strategy, logic and rationale of the product. A passionate writer and a social media enthusiast, communicating the brand identity via digital marketing and content creation falls favourably within her realm. She also tries to channel the causes she cares about into Dysco’s initiatives - be it environmental conservation, equal rights or community building.
- Akanksha Kalia - Founder Refash.in. REFASH is a movement of re-fashioning & up-cycling old discarded garments and accessories into slow ethical contemporary pieces of fashion for the conscious consumer.
- Srishti Rishi is a 27 year old who has started her own company called BuzzTiger - a marketing firm that caters to your every need. She is a fitness freak and a marathoner, she is also an enthusiastic hiker, level 2 kite surfer and prefers the midfield position when it comes to playing football.
- Nilima Bhat, Founder Director: Shakti Fellowship, Co-author of Shakti Leadership: Embracing Feminine and Masculine Power in Business, Nilima Bhat is a visionary, speaker, facilitator and coach for Conscious Leadership, Diversity & Inclusion and Integral Health. She is currently focused on building The Shakti Fellowship: a global network of women change agents and social innovators who collaborate to create peace, prosperity, and beauty through the exchange of multiple forms of capital.
Please note Early Bird pricing is applicable till 24th May 11:59pm, after which it will be considered as general category. Register early and secure your seat.